The FAAM Airborne Laboratory is a world-class research facility dedicated to the advancement of atmospheric science.
We operate a specially adapted research aircraft managed by a unique team of scientists, engineers, flight technicians and project managers providing a complete package of support for the scientific community.
We are based at Cranfield University and Airfield and our main operatives are to:
- Maximise the potential of the BAE-146-301 large research aircraft
- Operate, calibrate and present to science users and to the Centre for Environmental Data Analysis in a timely and efficient manner
- Plan and coordinate instrument configuration changes
- Manage the introduction of new instruments on behalf of the scientific user community
- Operationally plan and execute science campaigns on behalf of the scientific user community
- Train users new to the aircraft and facility
- Provide continuing support to existing customers and users, and to operate the contracts that support the aircraft and required operating infrastructure